Immediately east of the church wall is Church Street — previously named Swan Street and Buck Street after inns which were sited there. Whilst the shop on the right is still a grocer's, the son, Mr. E.B. LeGrice, started a nursery business in 1920 and reached considerable fame in rose hybridisation, producing seventy-five commercial varieties. The White Swan, which was built in 1636, is still an inn.
This archive item has been viewed 2145 time(s).
< Previous North Walsham Photograph