(Scarborough Family Coat of Arms - pre 1753 / North Walsham, Norfolk)
This coat of arms is still to be seen on the gable end of the house where the family lived, which is now part of Paston Lawns site (previously the Girls' High School) in Market Street. The same device is also present on the tombs in the church where many of members of the family are buried. The family were flourishing in the 15th century when Charles Scarborough, a surgeon, was knighted. Three sons of the family were on the roll of the Paston School when it first opened in 1606. The name survives in Scarborough Hill.
This archive item has been viewed 28131582 time(s).