The first mention of Marjoram Brothers' Drapery Store at the end of Church Street was in directories of 1912. By 1933, the premises had become Brenners Penny Bazaar, then, in 1937, Peacocks Stores, followed by Woolworths, and in 1983, it assumed its present name of 'The Paper Shop'. Whatever the name, it provides an imposing facade at the eastern exit of the Market Place.
This archive item has been viewed 161 time(s).
< Previous North Walsham Photograph